Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Old Post # 5 (Our dog...)

This last weekend we had pet portraits done with our dog. A photographer took Isadora's pictures out at a beautiful park. What a wonderful experience. The photographer was able to capture Isadora in all of her emotions...and if you know Bassetts, they have many! I would recommend her as a pet photographer to anyone interested. I feel so blessed to have Izzy. Some people know the story of how we got her..some dont..so I'll tell the rest of you.I grew up with dogs. Every house I ever lived in, I had dogs. Hubby was the same, until he moved into the condo (his roommate had a puppy at some point, but i know that didnt last long).When I moved in, even though we had 3 cats, I just felt like something was missing. After much discussion we decided that we would not get a dog until we moved into a house. By "we" I mean "he"....Anyways, months later I was at a dog park with my friend Keira and her dog and there was a breeder there selling THE MOST adorable Bassett Hound puppies I'd ever seen. They were expenisve.... I asked him which were girls and he pointed to a tri-color and a tan and white. I picked up the tan and white and I was in love. Absolutely in love. I set her down and took a picture of her and sent it to Wes. He asked me where we were, blah blah blah. The puppies were being sold for a whoping $600 each. BUT they were 4th generation purebred, with papers. Several hours went by. I kept talking to the breeder. Nobody was buying any puppies. I kept talking him down and talking him down. Knowing full well even if he says they are free, hubby is not going to cave on the whole "No dogs till were out of the condo"....but...maybe...JUST MAYBE I can convince him. So I took another adorable picture and I texted him that I talked the man down from $600 to $300, and wasnt she cute, yadda yadda...and he asked which park I was at. My heart skipped a beat. I told him where we were and he said he was going to come up and see her. I didnt know what to do! I couldnt believe he was actually coming! But the battle was not won yet.He came up to the dog park and looked down at the puppies and asked which one the picture was of. I picked her up and handed her straight to him. He fell in love instantly. There was a very serious (5 minute) discussion about how we shouldnt get a dog while we were in the condo....all the while there was petting and doing and eskimo kisses with the puppy. He looked at me, and looked at her, and said "Im going to the bank"
I couldnt stop smiling. This tiny little baby was ours. Then it hit me. OMG. We just bought a 6 week old puppy. There is no more sleep. There is no more get up and leave the house. Crap.
But that feeling didnt last long. I was completely in love. She was ours. And she would very very quickly become Daddy's Little Girl. This was the day we brought her home:

No comments:

Post a Comment