I had a dear dear friend named Jeff who lived in New York. He was a firefighter. He did not die on 9/11 but he was there. I got to see him twice in 2002 and they were great trips. One to the Bahamas and then once here in Orlando, where we went to all the theme parks and had a blast. One night in 2003 I woke up in a panic. I had just had an awful dream about him and when I woke up I SWORE I saw him in my room. I knew that your mind plays tricks on you, so I let it go. My mom had epilepsy. Because Jeff was a firefighter who worked in 24 hour shifts, I could call him at 3 am and it wouldn't be a problem at all. A couple nights after my dream my mom had a huge grand mal seizure and had to go to the hospital. I called Jeff at about 1 am. No answer. i called again a few times over the course of the next few hours. The last time I left him a message and was so upset that he hadn't been picking up his phone- something that he had with him 24/7 because I NEEDED him.
The next day I was at home with my mom and I swore I saw him again. The hair on my arms stood up, and I got so worried. I found out later that day that he died 2 days earlier in a car accident. When I called, and yelled at him on voicemail- he was already dead. This man was such a great man- so young, but so loved. To this day, 6 years later- if you google Jeffrey Mosenson you will get a gazillion different sites. Memorial funds were set up in his honor. He wanted to be a dr. He always said that he wanted to go from being the guy that brought people into the hospital to being the one that took care of them when they got there. The world knew him as Jeff. We knew him as "buff". Heres a link to a site that pays good tribute to him:
http://www.antonnews.com/syossetjerichotribune/2003/02/07/news/moreson.html
There is one thing makes me smile. I know one thing about him that nobody else in this whole world knows. A secret that I have kept for years...and I'll never tell it. If I can have one thing that nobody else has, it makes me smile.
But onto the dream..
Last night I dreamt about my grandfather. The whole family (all 10 cousins, aunts, uncles, everyone) was out to dinner. Just like old times, my grandfather looked at me and asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. Now, I am the favorite grandchild. It isn't a secret. I don't know how it happened- but everyone in the family knows it. I used to go on trips with them and I had my own room at their house. On our wedding video my grandfather even proudly admitted it.
So in the dream we start to walk and he falls down. He is having a heart attack. He has already survived 2 heart attacks and a stroke in his life.
So in the dream he falls down and he is just staring at me- I am crying. He told me that he was scared. I told him not to be scared. I told him that I was right there with him, and wouldn't leave him and that when it was time Daddy would be waiting on the other side for him so he would never be alone. He just looked into my eyes, and I looked back into his and he died.
Everyone came rushing over and I just sat there in total disbelief of what just happened. They asked how I stayed so calm. I told them that it would have been so much harder for him if I wasn't.
Then I woke up.
I was crying before I even opened my eyes. I told my husband what the dream was and of course in an effort to make me laugh he told me that I only dreamt that because the news of Michael Jackson dying from a heart attack was fresh in my mind. It did make me laugh.
In the back of my mind I am praying that its not happening again.
Please, don't let this turn out like last time.
This is my grandmother and grandfather at our wedding rehearsal. They have been married 55 years..




This post gave me goosebumps! I know what you mean about intuition, it's almost scary sometimes. I think it might have just been in your head like DH suggested because of all the news over Michael Jackson. I no longer have any grandparents so when I see people who still have them around I tell them to spend as much time as possible with them. They look like very nice people.
ReplyDeleteTwo nights before my Grandaddy died of a heart attack two years ago I was having my quiet time with God and I just asjed him to speak to me. I opened up my Bible to the 23rd Psalm (The Lord is my shepherd, and I just knew I was going to lose someone. I had this terrible feeling and I tried to brush it off. Two days later I got a phone call from I don't even remember who that my Gdad had had a heart attack (his 2nd) and was being rushed to the hospital. He died on his horse doing what he did best. I believe in signs and intuition too. Although, it prob is all this MJ talk. But still, give your grandfather a big hug and hold on a little too long. I would give anything to be able to hug mine one more time.
ReplyDelete