I had my beta hcg test done yesterday and when I called for the results today she said that my serum level was at ZERO. Zero.
I am not pregnant.
I am 21 dpo. Still no AF in sight.
I have a dr appointment tomorrow because I am still throwing up on a daily basis, have massive migraines, cramping and I cant sleep. I have never felt so sick in my life.
I had my first TTC blowup today. I unleashed the frustration Ive been feeling but hiding.
My mom said to me today "Well now you know how your cousin Ali feels" Ali is 22 weeks pregnant. I responded with "No mom. I DON'T know what she feels like. She's been sick because she's pregnant. Hers is justified. She is miserable but at the end of it she gets to bring a child into this world. I'm sick because something is wrong with me. It would be really nice if I was getting sick because I was pregnant. Then I might not feel like Im dying." She said "Well, its not like you're trying so I don't know why you re so upset." I wanted to say "Actually mom, we are. Thanks" I asked her what would be so wrong about wanting/having a baby.
Then I proceeded to get lectured by her about how its irresponsible of us to try to get pregnant while we live in a 1400 sq ft condo. Seriously? We have 2 bedrooms. We have plenty of room. Try again. Then she says its irresponsible because of my Trigeminal Neuralgia. Yes, its going to be hard to deal with being pregnant while I have TN. I know that I cant take the meds when I'm pregnant. I can handle it. A lot of women with TN have babies. Do I not have the right to have a child just because I have this illness? She has officially made it so that when I do tell her (finally) that I am pregnant I'm going to be scared to death of another lecture.
She told me that I had to be exaggerating. Yes...lets ask my husband who sits in the bathroom rubbing my back as I throw up for hours. How many times he's commented that Ive lost the color in my face. She told me I was being dramatic. I cried, and hung up the phone.
Thank god for my mother in law. She is the most wonderful second mother I could ever ask for. She has been so supportive and sympathetic throughout being sick. She of course was hoping that I was pregnant. She was disappointed when I told her I wasn't. She keeps calling me asking me if I have this symptom or that. Not overbearing at all- just trying to help. She offered to come take care of me because Wes has a dinner meeting tonight. She's offered to pick up meds for me and to come keep me company. She is the caring nurturing mother I wish I had..of course I love my mom, but Robyn...she's the next best thing I could ever ask for. I just wish that the women who gave birth to me would be a little more sympathetic.
So, pity party table for one please...I am depressed.
Our New Normal
10 years ago




I am so sorry hun. This all sounds terrible. I really hope you can figure out what is going on and that it stops! That sucks that your mom seems to be less than supportive. At least you have your mom-in-law to lean on though, and a wonderful hubby to take care of you. Hang in there and I hope this whole situation gets taken care of real soon. (((hugs)))
ReplyDelete