My parents go away on a long summer trip every year. For 14 weeks. They have a 45 ft coach that they travel the country in. Retired life is treating them well!
This year, they left and I got sad, as I always do. In between them being gone were a lot of things that I knew were going to make me sad.
Mothers Day was May 10, and my mom wasn't here.
Coincidentally, my dad's birthday fell on Mothers Day and he died 2 years ago.
So there I was, on Mothers Day, wishing I could BE a mother, not having my mother there, and remembering my dads birthday....who wasn't around anymore.
Then her birthday was May 28. Didn't get to see her, or celebrate with her.
Throughout June and July I had several breakdowns of emotions.
My mom wasn't here to hang out with and have girl gossip on the back porch.
My best friend and her fiance decided to move 6 hours away from me.
I still wasn't pregnant, and dealing with long confusing cycles.
One of my other best friends had a birthday dinner which would have been great if my Trigeminal Neuralgia hadn't been acting up. Not only did I have to act like everything was fine, and I was having a great time, but I had to do it on vicodin and try not to let anyone notice. She is one of my best friends, and there was no way I wasn't going. I just had to "grin and bear it."
Wes's best friend got engaged and they decided to purchase a $400k house that's just perfect.
Ive been battling the depression and anxiety big time over the last 2 weeks. AF is late, again, which leads me to believe that FF lied about my O date and I'm seriously considering not charting next cycle. My boobs and back are just killing me, and yet I'm still testing negative and no AF. right now I'm sitting at a 45 day cycle. So we'll see..
But all of that changed yesterday at 5:30. My mom and step-father had just gotten home from their trip. I walked in the door, ran to my mom, hugged her and just started sobbing. All the stress, all the problems, all the negativity, all the anxiety, all the depression, everything- it all went away. She held me tight, and I was just so happy to see my parents that I couldn't help the tears.
Wes came over after work, with Izzy and we all had dinner, drinks, laughs and smiles.
It was so great to have them back. Of course, they are leaving again in a week- but only for a couple weeks.
Then football season starts. I cant wait for football season! First game is girls game (tradition) and Katie, Grace, and Marie are all going just like last year. All the ladies have matching shirts this year that I made. There are 9 of us total! It should be an interesting weekend!
After that, Katies wedding!!!!!
Our New Normal
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment