Thursday, December 10, 2009

My husband the romantic

At least he means well.
I was sitting on the front porch talking to one of my girlfriends and he comes out and says "Babe, wanna go make a baby?"

I laughed and told my friend I had to go. It was "baby making" time. Haha.

I hope this cycle is it. I know I say that every month, but a Christmas baby announcement to our parents would be nice!

My mom is having surgery on the 31st. For her wrist. How a woman who is a perfectionist neat freak and never has anything out of place tears a tendon cleaning, I have no idea. Ive never cleaned that hard before. In any case, after months of Physical Therapy, cortisone shots, and wrist braces she finally decided to have surgery.
The surgery itself is not invasive, so I'm not worried. Its when she wakes up that scare me. Mom has epilepsy. She has a bad habit of having Grand Mal seizures when she comes out of surgery. I will be there to help her, and we've already cleared it with the surgeon that I will be allowed in the recovery room before she wakes up so that I will be there for the seizure, and for her to see me.
For some reason I am the only thing my mom "recognizes " and isn't confused about when she has a seizure. It just makes it less confusing for her. She will be groggy and confused for the rest of the day, so that should be fun. At least I'm off the 31st and 1st. I would have taken the time off if I needed to, but now I don't have to. Its not EXACTLY the way I wanted to spend my new years, but it doesn't matter. Its my mom. I would do anything for her.

My stepfather is also completely useless in the "caring for someone just out of surgery" department. He takes the mindset that once you're done, you're fine. He obviously hasn't had surgery before. So my mom needs me for some TLC. God knows shes been there for my recoveries more times than I can count. Just as recently as last week when I was suffering from my CD2 vomiting nonstop-massive migraine-cramps so bad I couldn't stand up- fun- she stayed behind from the football game to take care of me. Me, her 26 year old married, grown up daughter. Just cause she knew I needed her. I love her.
So, lets keep our fingers crossed that the seizure that we know will come will be ok, and that there will be no complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment