Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Old Post #3 (Toothbrush From Hell)


I was reading an article about people with TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia) and it said that we should use electric toothbrushes. Something about how it gives a constant degree of "hardness" and cleans very well. Because brushing our teeth can be a trigger, and the harder you brush, the more likely you are to trigger an attack. I tend to brush my teeth hard. They just never feel clean enough to me. Probably because I smoke...but I digress.
The article got me thinking and I stopped at Publix on my way home. I saw this toothbrush and thought "That looks like a good one. I could even test it by pressing the "PRESS ME" button (Seriously, can you ever resist that?!?). It had a good amount of speed and I was fairly convinced that it would be a good match for me. So off I went with my new toothbrush in hand. I went home and told hubby about the new purchase. That night right before bed I geared up to try my new nifty Crest electric toothbrush. I put on my toothpaste, and put it in my mouth and turned it on. HOLY EFFIN COW. It never hurt so badly to brush my damn teeth! After I was finished I told Hubby that my entire face was still vibrating. He laughed at me and chalked it up to my frequent over exaggeration of things. About 10 minutes later I told him I had a headache and I was pretty sure I knew where it came from. He chuckled again and rolled over to go to sleep.
The next morning I heard him getting ready for work (why he chooses to get up SO much earlier than he has to, I'll never understand.) and I told him that when it came time to brush his teeth to use the new toothbrush so that he wold know what I was talking about the night before. I could see the rolling of the eyes even from behind the semi-closed door, but he endulged me. I hear 2 minutes of Satans Toothbrush going and then a pause. The door opened and Hubby says "Return it. You cant use that. It felt like a jackhammer in my mouth." BINGO! Did I not say that it was the toothbrush from Hell! Thank God he had the same opinion. I was going to feel like such a baby if he came out and said "Babe, its really not bad, grow a pair."
So, needless to say I will be returning to Publix to return the evil thing that Crest thought it could get away with calling a toothbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment