Friday, May 29, 2009

The new delimma

Want some insight into the way my mind works? Its a hell of a freak show up there sometimes..

Here's the issue:

Were planning on taking a trip next April. With my husbands parents who are awesome, and we always have fun with. Its a cruise on the new cruise ship Oasis of the Seas- which we've all been dying to go on. His mom wants to go ahead and book it now, because we can get a good deal (good deal being about $1300 a person....).

Now, in TTC, this could pose a problem...planning a trip for a year from now.
If i get pregnant in July/August, then i will be due March/April and will have a 4-8 week old..
If i get pregnant in September I would be around 8 months pregnant which might be a bit uncomfortable and I don't know that they would even LET me on the ship!
It would not bother me in the least if i was anywhere from 4 weeks to 7 months pregnant, assuming everything was going fine with the pregnancy... because then it would just be one last nice vacation before d day.
I do know that I would not want to take a vacation with a 4 week old...that would just not be safe/smart.
I'm definitely not going to give my child to my mother for a week when they are only a month old...but there is just no way I'm going to "put off" trying until after September...


So the only logical thing to do is to say that we need to get insurance on the trip. I cant tell his mother about the pregnancy worry because we aren't telling anyone were trying (or "not avoiding" as Wes says. He says the term "trying" puts too much pressure on him!)
His mother is just itching for a grandchild. Every time I tell her I'm sick to my stomach, have headaches, etc the first thing out of her mouth is "are you pregnant?". She just prays for it. When I tell her "no." she gets disappointed.

I think I'm going to have to play the Trigeminal Neuralgia card. I hate doing that. I need to be able to say "We don't know whats going to happen with the TN and so I think it would be best to get the insurance just in case." I just really don't want to go to her and say "Hey, we need to get insurance on the cruise just in case I DO get pregnant in the next few months." Then she'll be asking me every flippin day "Are you pregnant yet? Now? How about now?" I just wont be able to handle it.
I want more than anything to give his parents grandchildren. They are such wonderful people and our child will be SO lucky to have them in their life. It's just not something I can do on the spot. I cant wave a magic wand. If I could, I would have MONTHS ago. ::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment